Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clue One



I frequently pass through this park each day on my way to the studio admiring the quiet beauty it holds. As the season changes from winter to spring, my daily walk is accompanied by the flourished trees and blossoming tulips. Throughout the park wooden benches are scattered, allowing a seat for a common traveler to rest, while admiring the simplistic beauty. The wooden bench sat alone on the top of the hill over looking the campus park. As I sat down, opened my sketch book, I looked up to realize in the distance the Gatewood Studio Building was emerging from behind the trees. This sketch is symbolic to me because as I sat amongst the flourished trees and tulips, I realized that the inspiration and ideas I receive in studio is floored by the nature around me.



A chai tea are the words that roll of my tongue as the man behind the counter asks me for my order. Each time I visit Starbucks, I continue to order the same drink. Although I am able to think outside of the box, I am just not ready yet to order outside the box. As I sat next to Leslie at the small square tables, her foot was placed upon the wooden chair. The black and white contrast of her converse's against the modern wood chair struck my eye. The chair's sleek back had a continuation of carved holes throughout it. The small circular holes within the chair, related to Leslie's shoe as the circular shape transitioned into aglets holding the shoelaces in place. This drawing is very simplistic, as it meant to reveal the relation of shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment